You have this amazing feature in your room, letting light flood into your home, now what?
It can be a challenge to know how to dress a large glazed area, but don't worry, we've got your back. With bi-fold and sliding doors you may want to control the amount of light coming into the room during the summer and also provide privacy and comfort during the winter months. Maybe, you just want a decorative fix - we have provided you both solutions.
Motorised roller blinds
Image credit: My Bespoke room
Electric roller blinds require minimal space and can be concealed within a variety of mount and fascia options. They are the perfect solution for large bi-fold or sliding doors to create privacy or reduce sun glare.
They can be hardwired and powered by your mains electricity or battery operated if there isn't a power source to hand.
Sun shade, dim out or black out?
Image credit: My Bespoke room
Blackout blinds are great for a good night's sleep or if you want to grab the popcorn and watch a movie.
Dim out blinds are translucent; the view is limited to shapes and shadows as this fabric allows light penetration but still provides privacy.
Solar protection blinds are your furniture's (and skin's) best friend! UV screening fabrics reduce sun glare, provide privacy and protect your furnishings from sun damage.
What are mounts and fascias?
1. The roller blind and brackets can be neatly hidden from view when rolled away, by the use of a fascia or casing, which can often be colour matched to a RAL colour of your choice.
2. You can have a purpose build ceiling recess for your blinds, which will ensure that the blinds are hidden from view when not in use. This will need to be detailed by your architect or contractor.
Curtains or voiles
Wave & ripple fold curtains
Image credit: My Bespoke Room
Wave curtains have a neat and stylish curtain heading with a minimised curtain stack providing a sleek and minimalist appearance.
Wave tracks can also be bent for bay windows and are suitable for both, traditional and modern, interiors.
Wave curtains give a simple and continuous wave effect and glide beautifully along the track.
Track fixings & pelmets
1. A mini pelmet can be made in the same fabric as the curtains to cover the track.
2. The curtain track can be ceiling mounted or mounted within a recess.
3. Wave curtains have a neat and stylish curtain heading with a minimised curtain stack providing a sleek and minimalist appearance.
Fabrics & colours
When choosing fabrics and colours be sure to opt for something that fits both the décor and the look you're trying to achieve.
We tend to avoid bold colours or patterns with large windows as they can often dominate a room. Instead go for something more neutral that will stand the test of time, even if you choose to update the furniture at a later date.
Similarly, if you want an airy feel, choose a light fabric and more heavy one if you're looking for a cosy choice.
If you're still unsure and need some help feel free to get in touch. We're here for you . . .
Ready to meet your Interior Designer? Here's how we match you: